Our Successful Family Racing Team
If all of our professional services, quality products, and local connections are not enough to impress, Eilen & Sons Trucking is also the owner and primary sponsor of the family-based racing team — Eilen & Sons Motorsports.
The team’s history began in 2001 when Jonathan Eilen took to the tracks in the #77 car. Son of Julie and Tom (owners of Eilen & Sons Trucking), Jonathan’s success and awards came rapidly.
Beginning as a teenager in the Thunder Car Division at his local asphalt track, Jonathan quickly launched his career. While racing at various local tracks throughout southern Minnesota, he claimed numerous awards, including Rookie of the Year, Most Improved Driver, Fan Favorite Driver of the Year, Best Appearing Car, and Best Dressed Crew.
If that were not enough, as Jonathan moved up the racing divisions and tackled new challenges in only his second year, he captured the ultimate prize, the Thunder Car Division Championship. After spending time in the Mid-American Stock Car Series, ASA Midwest Tour, and Elko Speedway Series, Jonathan currently races the team’s #77 car in the ARCA Series.
Jonathan Eilen’s Career Highlights At a Glance
- 2001: Racing career begins; establishment of Eilen & Sons Motorsports.
- 2002: Thunder Car Division Champion.
- 2003: Five wins and 17 top-five finishes; Rookie of the Year recipient; Best Appearing Car and Team awards.
- 2004: Five wins and 14 top-ten finishes in 18 starts with Mid-American Stock Car Series, racing across the Midwest.
- 2007: ASA Midwest Tour Rookie of the Year.
- 2008: Eilen & Sons Motorsports received "Best Dressed Team" and "Car Owner of the Year" (going to Tom Eilen).
- 2009: Four top-five finishes, five top-ten finishes, and finished fifth in the final point standings of the ASA Midwest Tour.
- 2011: Returned to the track for a rebuilding season after sustaining an injury in the 2010 racing season.
- 2012: ARCA Midwest Tour Champion.
- 2013: Profiled by St. Paul Pioneer Press before the first race of the ARCA Racing Series at Elko Speedway. Finished a strong third place.